Become surrounded by Cork oak trees in a MONTADO landscape. Its ECOLOGICAL HIGH VALUE ECOSYSTEM is only found in the MEDITERRANEAN BASIN. Discover our private HIDDEN PLACE completely exclusive for you or your group and taste Montado products flavors
Once arrived you start to feel relaxed and fulfilled. Take a short and pleasent walk to experience total immersion in SILENCE, QUIETNESS, SCENTS and AUTHENTICITY
Do you know MONTADO offers several edible products? Taste its flavors and know more about the MEDITERRANEAN PRODUCTS behind a reconized HEALTHY GASTRONOMY. You will be fed with lasting MEMORIES and a STORY to tell back home
- Willing to learn ALL ABOUT CORK ?
- Find Knowledge pop up Quizzes and look for answers to earn convertible points in future experiences. You may explore it in your mobile or discover it arround you for a tech complete disconnection
- In the mood for a FOREST POSITIVE IMPACT ?
- Help on MONTADO management. Look for and flag new born cork oak trees; measure adults; mark the ones with numbers in a map (digital with your mobile or on paper, as you like your experience to be)
- Feeling brave to GO FURTHER in your MONTADO INSIGHT ?
- Try to identify and signalize the typical MONTADO´s wild ARBUTUS and pick up the fruit if you come in the end of October or early winter. Experience the taste or take home to prepare a brandy; photografe a huge variety of beautiful MUSHROOMS (DON´T TRY TO EAT) and discover ACORNS in the fields and prepare a nursury for a new cork oak tree (find instructions on site)
- End tasting the flavors offered by local producers at your disposal
- Local bees Honey; Olives; Chorizo; Goat or Sheep Cheese; Acorn Coffee
NOTICE: Specific MONTADO managment tasks occur on different times of the year, like HARVESTING and PLANTING new trees. Look for our specific EXPERIENCE offers for these forest operations
UNTIL October - buy 1 EXPERIENCE give to 2 people; maximum groups of 24
CARE FOR ENVIRONMENT & SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITIES MATTERS Add to your visit other complementary options as PICNIC by Cila, a local Cooker; a CANTE ALENTEJANO performance by the Regional Choir; ADOPT an OAK TREE an investment to last in CARBON RESCUE and BIODIVERSITY conservation. Make it an UNIQUE and very special MEMORY FOR LIFE. Share it with your family, friends, work team and social networks
For your convenience we have partners if you need transportation or a place to stay according to your preferences
Thank you for helping MONTADO to prosper!