Become surrounded by Cork oak trees and discover our private ALENTEJO HILLS HIDDEN PLACE in an ECOLOGICAL HIGH VALUE ECOSYSTEM only found in the MEDITERRANEAN BASIN known as MONTADO. Once you get there you´ll feel relaxed and fulfilled
Take a short and pleasent walk to experience a total immersion in SILENCE, QUIETNESS, SCENTS and AUTHENTICITY.
Follow the "MEET CORK ORIGINS PATH" until you find our refurbished whitewashed rammed earth shepherd refuge, 20 minutes drive from the south of Lisbon Coast, Exclusive for you and your group
The path has 8 steps with information, quizzes and answers to your questions about this unique sustainable resourse with multiple uses named CORK
Do you know MONTADO offers several edible products? Taste its flavours and know more about the MEDITERRANEAN PRODUCTS behind a reconized HEALTHY GASTRONOMY
You will be fed with great tastes, lasting MEMORIES and a STORY to tell back home
- Willing to learn ALL ABOUT CORK World and local Biodiversity?
- Find Knowledge pop up Quizzes and look for answers to earn convertible points in future experiences.
- In the mood for a FOREST POSITIVE IMPACT?
- Help on MONTADO management. Look for and flag new born cork oak trees; measure adults; mark the ones with numbers in a map
- Feeling brave to GO FURTHER in your MONTADO INSIGHT ?
- Try to identify and signalize the typical MONTADO´s wild ARBUTUS and pick up the fruit if you come in the end of October or early winter. Experience the taste. Photografe a huge variety of beautiful MUSHROOMS (DON´T TRY TO EAT) and discover ACORNS in the fields to prepare a nursury for a new cork oak tree (find instructions on site)
- End tasting the local flavours
- Local bees Honey; Olives; Chorizo; Goat or Sheep Cheese; Acorn Coffee
NOTICE: Specific MONTADO managment tasks occur on different times of the year, like HARVESTING and PLANTING new trees. Look for our specific EXPERIENCE offers for these forest operations
CARE FOR ENVIRONMENT & SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITIES MATTERS Add to your visit other complementary options as PICNIC, CANTE ALENTEJANO performance by the Regional Choir, ADOPT an OAK TREE, an investment to last in CARBON RESCUE and BIODIVERSITY. Make it an UNIQUE and very special MEMORY FOR LIFE. Share it with your family, friends, work team and social networks
For your convenience we may suggest transportation if you need or a place to stay according to your preferences
Thank you for helping MONTADO to prosper!